About Peter Mallouk
A successful financial advisor as well as a lawyer, Peter has received wide acclaim for his work in the world of wealth management. He is a sought after thought leader on financial topics and is a New York Times bestselling author. Since 2004, Peter has led Creative Planning and its family of companies to provide comprehensive wealth management services to clients in all 50 states and abroad, including investment management, financial planning, tax planning, retirement plan consulting, estate planning services, and charitable planning.
Making a Difference in the Communities We Serve
In addition to leading Creative Planning, Peter is passionate about providing financial education and resources to individuals, families and business owners who have typically been underserved by the financial services community.
“Your wealth works harder when it works together.”
President and CEO, Creative Planning
Peter Mallouk – Recognition
Peter has been widely recognized in the world of wealth management. For three consecutive years (2013-2015), Barron’s rated him No. 1 on its annual “Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors” list, and Worth magazine has featured him in both 2017 and 2018 in its “Power 100” – a list of the most powerful men and women in global finance.
- Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors by Barron’s (2013-2015)
- Worth magazine’s Power 100 (2017 & 2018)
- Ernst & Young Central Midwest Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2017)
- Giving the Basics Human Dignity Award (with wife Veronica) for their contributions helping those less fortunate meet basic needs
- Variety Presidential Citation Award (with wife Veronica) for their work supporting those with special needs
- University of Kansas School of Business Distinguished Alumni Award
Peter as an Author
Peter is the author of bestselling book, The 5 Mistakes Investors Make and How to Avoid Them, in which he describes in simple terms the ever-changing variables and market challenges that can make investing risky and intimidating, and the mindset and strategies needed to navigate it.
In addition to books, Peter regularly contributes his perspectives, opinion pieces and trend articles for important financial publications and online news outlets.
Books authored and co-authored by Peter:
- The 5 Mistakes Investors Make and How to Avoid Them
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
- The Path: Your Journey to Financial Freedom
Supporting our clients’ communities is of special importance to Peter, his family and Creative Planning. In 2021, after recognizing an unmet need for comprehensive financial education and training in under-resourced communities, Peter founded Pathway Financial Education, a Kansas City-based nonprofit that provides free financial education and training to small business owners, adults and youth. He is also the founder and current executive board member of KCCAN!, an organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the quality of life of children in Kansas City.