Creative Planning to Donate $12 Million to Organizations Focused on Access to Education, Financial Literacy, Basic Needs, and Social Justice Inequities.
As an organization, Creative Planning stands in solidarity with the Black community in condemning systemic racism, discrimination, and violence. Today, Creative Planning is announcing that we will be donating $12 million over the next 18 months to organizations that support access to education, financial literacy, basic needs, and social justice inequities. Creative Planning’s leadership team is also presently working together to create a sustained and ongoing financial literacy program that will include free financial, legal, and tax education and services to the disenfranchised.
Creative Planning understands the serious inequities present in our society, and it is our hope that this contribution will be a step towards creating equal opportunities for success for individuals and communities impacted by racial inequities. Creative Planning is not only deeply committed to supporting causes that are aligned with our corporate values, but also dedicated to fostering increased and continued dialogue in our industry around social inequities.
This commitment builds on the historical focus of Creative Planning and its leadership team on outreach to causes that serve disenfranchised communities. These efforts have included providing full-tuition scholarships and mentors – many of whom are Creative Planning employees – to underprivileged students, building a basic needs distribution center, purchasing and delivering over 7,000 meals for those in need on Thanksgiving, funding the re-opening of a facility that supports the homeless as they re-enter the workforce, and earlier this year, providing 3 million meals to those that rely on the school system for food. The recipients of most of this support are people of color. Together, we must ask ourselves how we can change and improve our existing system to stop the cycle of inequity that disproportionately affects these communities.
Creative Planning pledges to continue addressing systemic inequities to drive positive change within our communities, country, and the world.
A Hands on Approach to Giving
At Creative Planning, we are committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. Every year, we gift hundreds of thousands to charities throughout the country. Our support initiatives have included programs for children and adults with disabilities, literacy programs, community gardens, faith-based programs, arts programs and many more. To request a grant for a non-profit please click here.
- Each year, we gather and package necessities to support Giving the Basics, a charity dedicated to providing the homeless, working poor and unemployed the basic hygiene products such as soap, detergent, toothpaste, etc. that cannot be purchased with food stamps. For more on Giving the Basics, visit: http://www.givingthebasics.org/
- Every year as part of our annual Thanksgiving project, our team delivers everything needed for a large family Thanksgiving meal to more than 700 families.
- Many of Creative Planning’s associates are or have been involved with KC CAN!, a charity that benefits the well-being of Kansas City’s children. For more information on KC CAN!, visit https://www.kccan.org
- Creative Planning conducts blood drives at our office with the help of the Community Blood Center. We welcome our clients to join us at a blood drive. For more information, call 913-338-2727.
- We are honored that Ingram’s magazine listed Creative Planning among its Corporate Champions for community involvement.