Our Approach to Financial Planning
Creative Planning is a nationally recognized leader in the wealth management community. Our financial advisors focus on providing clients with customized investment plans and comprehensive wealth management services.
At Creative, we believe a client’s portfolio must consider their current financial situation and their long-term goals. But it also must consider all the unique circumstances that apply to their life. We work with individuals and institutions to customize and manage financial portfolios designed to optimize the probability of success. And we’ve been doing that for more than 30 years.
We take our roles as trusted advisors seriously. We use strategies and techniques developed over multiple market cycles. We don’t just talk the talk – we walk the walk. Every day, we strive to earn our clients’ trust and confidence in our approach to personal finance.
Our investment planning recommendations are tailored to your personal situation. We will be there to guide you in selecting the right asset allocation and investment strategy. Our goal is to help you not only in the short term but also in planning for life events you expect. Our investment recommendations are suited to your situation.
Many advisors refer to customization. For us, it means something different. We do not believe that simply adjusting a portfolio based on your risk tolerance is enough. We do not believe that designing portfolios based on your age is enough. We do not believe that designing portfolios based on your age is enough. For an advisor to truly design a portfolio that has the highest chance of meeting your goals, the advisor needs to know your goals, future income needs, tax bracket now and in the future, outside investments such as real estate, other income sources such as social security and pensions, and much, much more. That just scratches the surface of what we do at Creative before we recommend a single investment.
Every recommendation we make is based solely on the part it plays in reaching your personal goals. At Creative Planning, we:
- Do not offer proprietary mutual funds or hedge funds, thus avoiding a significant conflict of interest. We don’t own any of the products we recommend to our clients, nor do we have a financial stake in them. Our compensation is the same regardless of which investments we recommend.
- Can coordinate financial planning, estate planning, investment management, and risk management all in-house.
- Assign a comprehensive advisory team to you. Your team will include a Certified Financial Planner™ professional (CFP®), a certified public accountant (CPA), and an estate planning attorney. It’s not just what you earn on your portfolio but what you keep after taxes.
- Make sure your advisory team has a strong business education including degrees in business, finance, and economics, plus MBAs and law degrees. You wouldn’t hire a doctor who didn’t have a medical degree. You should expect your advisory team to be educated and credentialed.
- Have a legal affiliate that has drafted over 12,000 estate plans to review your estate planning documents. This isn’t new to us or a gimmick to earn your trust. Estate and tax planning are critical components of wealth management, and we have delivered a comprehensive and holistic approach to money management and financial planning for decades.
- Will respond to your questions on the same day.
But don’t just take our word for it.
We’ve been honored to receive the following recognitions:
- CNBC’s “#1 Independent Wealth Management Firm in America” for two consecutive years, the only two rankings ever released by CNBC (2014 and 2015). More CNBC
- Barron’s “#1 Independent Wealth Management Firm in America” (2017). This is an exclusive ranking of the top 30 independent advisory firms. The list is specific to those who represent the shifting landscape of the advice business. Learn More
- Boomer Market Advisor’s “Boomer Market Advisor of the Year” (2008) to our chief investment officer, Peter Mallouk. He shares the keys to his success in addressing the needs of boomer clients here.
- The “#1 Independent Financial Advisor in America” on a list of the top independent financial advisors as identified by Barron’s. Our president and co-chief investment officer
is the only advisor to be recognized in the number-one spot for three consecutive years (2013, 2014, 2015). The ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenue generated for the firms, and the quality of the advisors’ practices.*
At Creative, our mission is to provide our clients with the best path to wealth accumulation, retention, and transfer of assets. We do this by creating and implementing strategies tailored to their unique goals:
- We are driven to provide our clients with uncluttered, professional advice that enhances their quality of life and leads to sustained and actionable solutions.
- We offer thorough counsel on each client’s wealth management issues. Our goals are:
- To make significant and tangible progress toward every client’s financial goals
- To provide clients with clarity
- To educate
- We are our clients’ financial advocate. We strive to organize and simplify life in such a way that maximizes the family’s enjoyment of their wealth now and in the future.
To schedule an appointment to learn more about our services,
call us at: (913) 338-2727
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of this website does not constitute legal advice and does not form an attorney/client relationship. Creative Planning, Inc. is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or other legal services. All legal advice and services are provided by Creative Planning Legal, P.A. Please visit www.creativeplanninglegal.com to learn more about Creative Planning Legal, P.A. and its attorneys.
Creative Planning, Inc. is not a CPA firm.
Please visit www.creativeplanningtax.com to learn more about our tax and accounting services.
Check out a sample of our newsletters
Rankings and/or recognition by unaffiliated rating services and/or publications should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results if Company is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services, nor should it be construed as a current or past endorsement of Company by any of its clients. Rankings published by magazines, and others, generally base their selections exclusively on information prepared and/or submitted by the recognized adviser. Rankings are generally limited to participating advisers. The Company never pays a fee to be considered for any ranking or recognition, but may purchase plaques or reprints to publicize rankings.
Who Will You Call First During a Major Financial Event?
Creative Planning’s specialized financial, investment, tax and estate planning Wealth Manager, Brenna Saunders, elaborates on the positive impact Creative makes on families when they are going through an unexpected financial crisis.
Specialized Advising You Can Rely On
Creative Planning’s Managing Director, Ryan Swartz, explains how Creative’s specialized team of financial experts works to ensure families are protected throughout every stage of their life.