Castle Valuation, a division of Creative Planning, provides business valuation services for corporations, limited liability companies, family limited partnerships and other entities across a wide range of industries. Our purpose is simple: We provide professionally prepared business valuation reports which aid the owners and stockholders with important business decisions.
Know What Your Company is Worth
Because business owners’ personal wealth is frequently connected to the health of their business, it’s critical to stay aware of your business’ value. When performed correctly by qualified valuation professionals who know your industry, a business valuation can be an excellent way to gain perspective on the overall “health” and fair market value of your company.
Knowing your company’s value today—and partnering with a firm that provides ongoing consultation to help grow its valuation—allows you to make the most of your accumulated net worth.
Types of Business Valuations:
- Corporate and shareholder transitions
- Purchase price allocations
- Gift and estate tax purposes
- Selling outside the family
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans, transaction valuations, structure, feasibility studies, and annual updates
- Stock options and 409A reports
- Litigation support services
- Complex equity structures including multiple classes of securities
Our Valuation Reports are Used For:
Executive and Corporate Planning
- Executive Compensation Analysis
- Stock option plans, initial planning and design services
- Fairness opinions
- Divesting a subsidiary or division
- Review debt securities, preferred stock, and other assets and notes
Corporate Documents and Succession Planning
- Valuations pursuant to provisions in buy-sell agreements
- Business succession/exit planning
Corporate and Retirement Planning
- ESOP feasibility studies and plan administration services
- Annual valuations for ESOPs and 401(k) plans holding privately held stock
- Purchase price allocations in compliance with accounting standards
- Redemption of corporate stock for retirement
- S corporation election to establish tax basis
Personal Estate Planning
- Review of estate planning and related estate and gift tax valuations, including FLPs and LLCs
Our initial business valuation process takes approximately five weeks to complete and typically includes the following stages:
- Step One: We gather all necessary financial and operational information.
- Steps Two and Three: We perform due diligence, speak with key senior management professionals, and create a preliminary valuation analysis.
- Steps Four and Five: We deliver a preliminary valuation report and answer any questions your team has. We incorporate any additional changes necessary after meeting with your leadership team and deliver a final business valuation report.
Why Castle Valuation?
Our dedicated professionals are highly trained in many aspects of business valuation services and work with clients in all 50 states, across many different industries. We complete more than 300 valuations each year.
Because we understand that business owners have unique financial planning needs, we offer extended consultation to help you bridge the gaps between maximizing valuation, planning for exit/succession, selling your business, and managing the proceeds of a sale.
We are a division of Creative Planning, whose national resources deliver a team of credentialed, educated and action-oriented advisors, including CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners, certified public accountants, insurance specialists, attorneys and other professionals dedicated to achieving your goals. Working with Creative Planning can help ensure all aspects of your business and personal finances are addressed by one team.
To request a free, no-obligation meeting with Castle Valuation, please complete the form on this page.
Book Your Free Meeting
We serve clients nationwide and abroad. Set up your free, no obligation consultation today. Why not give your wealth a second look?