Jake Mongler, CFP®, MBA
Jake serves as an International Wealth Manager, assisting American expats and other cross-border families with managing their wealth, specializing in both US and international investment management, estate planning, tax planning, risk management, currency hedging, and retirement planning.
As a former expat himself, Jake understands the difficulty in navigating complex US and foreign regulations. Prior to joining Creative Planning, Jake was an engineer with experience in Southeast Asia where he developed a firsthand knowledge of the difficultly expats experience in navigating complex US and foreign regulations. This experience motivated him to dedicate himself to helping multi-national families and Americans abroad grow their own wealth.
Jake earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Missouri and a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Illinois. Jake is also a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional as designated by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.
Jake and wife Andrea enjoy traveling, reading, working on the family farm and spending time with their children – Finn, Milo and Leo.
*See all Creative Planning disclosures and sources.
- 5 Misconceptions About American Expat Taxes
- 9 Critical Financial Planning Considerations for American Expats Living in Portugal
- 6 Financial Planning Questions for American Expats Living in Germany
- 5 Key Cross-Border Wealth Management Questions to Answer Before Moving Abroad
- Expat Roth Conversions Q&A
- American Expat College Savings and 529 Plans