Many advisors talk about customization; for us, it means something different. We do not believe that simply putting you in a model portfolio based on your risk tolerance or age is enough. For an advisor to truly design an appropriate portfolio, the advisor needs to understand your goals, such as future income needs or the desire to leave a legacy to the next generation. The advisor must also consider the significance of all your assets and available income sources – such as real estate, Social Security and pensions – as well as the expected impact of income and estate taxes, both today and in the future. At Creative Planning, we evaluate all of these elements and much, much more before we recommend a single investment.
Every recommendation we make is based solely on helping you achieve your personal goals.
At Creative Planning, we:
- Do not offer proprietary mutual funds or hedge funds, thus avoiding a significant conflict of interest. We only select investment vehicles from the available universe of securities that are considered best-in-class for our client’s needs, so our compensation is the same regardless of which investments we recommend.
- Can coordinate financial planning, estate planning, investment management and risk management, all in-house.
- Assign you a comprehensive advisory team with a strong business background, including degrees in business, finance and economics, plus MBAs and law degrees. You wouldn’t hire a doctor who didn’t have a medical degree, and you should expect your advisory team to be educated and properly credentialed as well. Your team will include a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner (CFP®), a certified public accountant (CPA) and an estate planning attorney.
- Have a legal affiliate that has drafted over 12,000 estate plans review your estate planning documents. Estate and tax planning are critical components of wealth management, so we have delivered a comprehensive and holistic approach to money management and financial planning for decades. Because it’s not just about what you earn on your portfolio but what you keep after taxes.
- Will respond to your questions promptly.